Monday, July 24, 2017

DAY THIRTY - July 24, 2017 - Idaho and Montana

From Moses Lake east, Washington State got progessively drier, much as B.C. does in the interior.
After leaving Washington, we crossed Idaho and much of Montana.
This is the first time I have travelled on I - 90 in this area - every other time I have made sure I visited Yellowstone.  The scenery across Idaho was spectacular.  Coeur d'Alene Lake is absolutely beautiful - pictures can't do it justice.

We stopped for lunch at Lookout Pass, a ski resort.


For the next several miles it was all downhill - seriously!

An old railway line has been converted into a bicycle path.  Miles of steady downhill.  I doubt that very many folks ride the uphill route.
You can see the path to the right of the highway above.  What a great ride it would be!

Wildfires are the current scourge of the interior mountains and we came across several today.

The smoke stayed with us for several miles down the valley.

And our thoughts were with those who were fighting the fires, including Greg Bullivant and his helicopter crew, who were assisting the firefighters in central B.C.

We saw everything today, from forest to desert.  Quite a trip!

We listened to a far right radio station for a few minutes today and it was "educational".  According to "Dr. Savage", global warming is not real; gays, lesbians, and transgenders are Democrat things; and evolution isn't so.  You know, the Republicans haven't evolved much past the apes, so I can understand that last point.
  
And we did see a Big Stupid Thing.  But the sign was past us so fast that no picture was taken, so I went to the internet to get you this.
Image result for testicle festival montana ads

Pretty ballsy sign I would say.

Every August, apparently, the bulls are castrated.  And, waste not want not, they are eaten (not the bulls stupid, the balls).

And, with that, we carry on.

Tonight we are in Bozeman, Montana.  Tomorrow we see how Crazy Horse is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment