Saturday, January 31, 2026

Moving Day

 When I checked with registration for our move this morning I found that they had switched us to a high rise.  Not going to happen!

So I "negotiated" with Resort Services and ended up in a newly renovated villa on the Reserve golf course.  This is our view back toward the tee.


And the view toward the green.  There's a ditch to the left of the picture and there is a pond further down on this side.  Mardi will have a heyday ball hawking in the evenings. 

And a couple of Sandhill Cranes in the foreground.  We haven't seen a lot of them so far on this trip.  There are two types of Sandhills.  One migrates as far north as Canada.  But the Florida Sandhill does not migrate and is threatened by the loss of habitat.  There are only an estimated 5,000 or so remaining.

We used to see many more in previous years.  I hope that they are able to hang on.  They're beautiful (and very loud) birds.

------------------------------------------------

The overnight forecast here predicts -4C.  Expect citrus prices to escalate this year!

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment