Friday, December 1, 2023

Good Friends

 Yesterday, Mardi and I joined some of our golf friends at the Aberfoyle Mill for a pre Christmas get-together.


Good food, great fellowship, certainly a nice way to spend time with special friends!  We're all looking forward to repeating next year.

----------------------------------------------

As we were heading home I received confirmation from our travel insurance agent that we will be covered for our trip to Florida at the end of December.

It's been a nailbiter!  Years ago we started with CAA Insurance, changing to Medipac (the one endorsed by Canadian Snowbirds) when costs increased.

Last year, at the advice of our friend Don Nicks, we used agent Kipp Pattison of St. David's to obtain our insurance from TourMed, once again saving money.

This year I was very concerned about the coverage since I had my heart stents in mid July.  Most carriers require six months of stability before coverage can be acquired.  Failing that, who knows?

So, I decided to check out our old suppliers as a comparison to what Kipp might be able to provide.  MediPac refused to give me any coverage at all.  That was a scary start.

CAA said that they would cover me.  And for the 62 days all they would want was $260 per day (over $16,000)!  Visions of staying home this winter danced through my head!

So I then called Kipp.  He found an insurance supplier, Allianz, that only required 5 months of stability (150 days).  And for just over $3,000 ($50 per day) I'm covered, and Florida is back in the picture.

Thanks once again to Don Nicks for giving us the original heads-up on this topic!  We are lucky to have so many good friends.

-------------------------------------------

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment