Monday, December 11, 2023

Christmas Has Started

 Today was a great day for both of us.  Mardi had lunch with her golf  buddies and I had lunch with my brother and sister.

Now, my day started a bit sketchy.  I stopped to pick up Judy and she wasn't quite ready - misread the time on the invitation.  Well, that's OK.  She will be to blame if we're late.

But when we got to the restaurant area I drove into the wrong mall.  And I couldn't remember the name of the restaurant.  So we lost another five minutes.  Now I'm to blame if we're late.

But, we still beat Roger.  He found the right mall, but tried to go into the wrong restaurant.  You don't suppose it has anything to do with age do you?  And they're just kids!

It was really nice to get caught up again with each other and talk about our various operations.  And, I forgot to get a picture of our gathering.  That age thing again!

----------------------------------------

Tonight we joined Maureen and Matt who picked us up for a trip to Burlington to see Lunch At Allen's.

Murray McLaughlin on the left, then Ian Thomas, Cindy Church and Mark Jordan.  And a guy on the bass.  Wonderful song writers and musicians.

The show featured Christmas songs, most of which they wrote, with personal anecdotes mixed in between.  And it was just great.  

This is the third time that Mardi and I have seen Lunch At Allen's.  A different show each time - always fantastic entertainment.

Can't wait for next time!

-------------------------------------------

I presumably won't be posting tomorrow so an early birthday wish to Mardi's cousin Sylvia.

Stay well my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment