It only plays 5,191 yards from the white tees, but the fairways are narrow, trees are big, water is everywhere, and the houses crowd the fairways on many holes. These are features that should play into Mardi's hands, but she struggled today and I ended up winning by five holes and eight strokes.
OK, enough about golf. The course is close to nature and we saw many examples of it today.
For starters, a Bald Eagle...
Ospreys on the nest. We saw several Osprey today.
A Limpkin...
Some Black Bellied Whistling Ducks..
Lots of Catfish in the ponds...
And turtles..
No alligators today, but there are usually several on display around the ponds.
The course is certainly unique!
Did I mention that the forward tees are 1,100 yards shorter than the whites?
The course is in good shape, the greens are excellent, but they have had considerable rain over the past few days and several holes were "cart path only" and it was lift, clean and place conditions for sure.
For $39 per player, it's well worth it.
It turned into a very hot day and after we got back to Davenport, we broke out the Yeungling.
After dinner a Hand and Foot game broke out. Jo-Ann and I lost.
We will be settling into a relaxed routine now, so I won't be posting every day. But I will acknowledge my coming defeats on the various golf courses.
No comments:
Post a Comment