Monday, November 6, 2023

Hope

 Hamilton's Road2Hope Marathon took place today.  The route goes by our front door and the road was closed (much to the anguish of people trying to get out of our underground parking).


I would have normally been caught up in the chaos, but not today.  I've been quarantined for a few days due to Covid 😠.  Had one really nasty day but things then settled down.  Now just tired and frustrated and still testing positive.  Mardi says that I should get out in the fresh air but I don't want to inflict on someone else what was inflicted on me so I'm going to be careful about next steps.

Mardi has escaped so far.  Whether that's because she had Covid back in the first wave or that her six vaccine shots are still protecting her, or she's been avoiding contact with me, I don't know, but I'm glad for her.  It is an ugly disease.

----------------------------------------------

Today is Diane Lougheed's birthday, a round number milestone.  I intended to be there to congratulate her, but the above noted situation cancelled that.  Sorry Diane - hope you have had a wonderful day!

----------------------------------------------

Why do people hate the Jews?  They were chased from their homeland centuries ago by Mohammad and his followers.  They suffered the Holocaust last century at the hands of so-called Christians.  Why?  Simply because they have different religious beliefs?  Or are smarter and more successful?

Why do so many people give the Muslims a free ride?  Why don't they protest against Hamas, whose murder, rape, mutilation and humiliation of innocent Jews started this current war and who hide behind innocent women and children in Gaza.

And Israel has no choice but to do what they are doing in Gaza.  Hamas hide under churches, hospitals and schools, behind those innocent people.  If Israel doesn't do what it is doing, Hamas will continue their quest to eliminate the country altogether.

If the protesters want a pause in the bloodshed, they should be calling on Hamas to release the hostages.  Why don't they?  What is in their heads?  Why are our Canadian unions on the wrong side?

(Sitting at home has obviously given me too much time to think!)

--------------------------------------

Try to find hope in all of this.  And stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment