Monday, August 31, 2020

Hogwash

 It has started!  Herewith a couple of emails from the Quoits champs:

Hi Guys,

I received the following note from my partner and he brings up some interesting ideas.  I’ve copied his note here as well as a PDF file with some options we’d like you to look at.  It’s quite a conundrum as no team has previously had to deal with a repeat win.  Which option do you prefer?

“Hi Partner:
Are you looking after having our shirts "updated" to reflect our convincing 2020 win? If so, let me know when you want my shirt.
Do you think we should also include 2021 on the shirt in anticipation of a three peat? That likely wouldn't go over very well with our group!!!“

Note: as our team will be dismantled next year there can be no ‘three peat’.

Sven
---------------------
And this response from Al Knapp:
Crap.....I didn't know there was a maximum 2 year term for excellence in quoits. I had visions of us threatening Queen Elizabeth's record of 68 years in power.
---------------------
And, from Barry:
As a non participant the last couple of years, I'm in favour of not dismantling and going "balls to the wall" for a three-peat. 
As for the shirts...  just burn-em and add those canary yellow 2018 models to the pyre. Jeez they're ugly. 
...  the shirts, I mean the shirts are ugly. 
Otherwise AA and myself will have to invest in a 2017 issue championship shirt. What do you think Al, purple, chartreuse, kale juice green?

cheers...  from the 2017 World Quoits Champ...  Bar
-------------------------------
Tomorrow at MontHill will probably be hard to stomach!  Stay tuned.
-------------------------------
As they say at Hewitt's Dairy - stay one cow apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment