Everybody except Sarah-Jean arrived yesterday with coughs and colds. David spent most of today in bed. And everybody else got off to a slow start.
In the afternoon we went shopping for a few clothes.
Then the kids spent some time playing beach volleyball. That's the pool "volcano" in the background.
And chasing an errant ball.
Or using the playground equipment.
As I write this, the three kids are enjoying the pool before it closes at 11 p.m. I doubt that there will be any bodies making noise in our house at midnight. So there isn't a lot to report for New Year's Eve.
Since it's been a slow news day, let's delve a bit into politics.
I suppose that you have heard that the British government has asked Prince Harry NOT to invite his friend Barack Obama to his wedding, because it would upset Donald Trump and lead to worsening U.K./U.S. relations.
These are the same guys who praise their citizens for keeping a "stiff upper lip" when faced with terrorist slaughters. Then, when they face The Donald, they collapse in a smelly pile of dung. Unbelievable! Winston Churchill is writhing in his grave!
I too think that Obama should come off the guest list, but instead be put in the wedding party, maybe as Best Man. Wouldn't that make their little balls tremble! Can't wait to see this episode of The Crown!
OK, back to the real world. So we'll close with a Happy 71st Birthday to my daughter Barbara (December 31st) and a Happy 46th to Mardi's son Greg (January 1) and best wishes to all for a Happy New Year.
Too bad blogspot doesn't have a "like" button ala facebook. I would be pushing that sucker for sure on this post. No, not for you showing off your abs in that rather colourful bathing suit (I hope that's a bathing suit and not golf shorts). But definitely for the Obama as Best Man suggestion.
ReplyDeleteWhen I posted it I was kind of wishing it could be circulated, but didn't have the wherewithal to do it. If you want to push it out there be my guest.
DeleteForgot to wish you, Mardi and the gang, a very happy and healthy new year!
ReplyDeleteAlways a good read Bud, but why a bathing suit if you never go in the pool?
ReplyDeleteAll the best in the new year to you and Mardi
Roy
Good question Roy. I do hope to get it wet soon......maybe in March!
Delete